Having trusted in Christ alone as my Lord and Savior, having been baptized by immersion, and being in agreement with the Core Values, Beliefs, and Mission of HCF, I now am called to unite with the HCF family. In doing so, I commit myself to the Lord and to the other members of the family to protect our unity, share in, serve, and support the ministry of my church family. Specifically, to be a fully devoted follower of Christ through pursuing:
1. Belonging to His body…
- By attending faithfully.
- By acting in grace and love toward other members.
- By dealing biblically with conflict and refusing to gossip.
- By having a shepherd to follow who will know, partner, and pray with me.
- By following the leadership.
- By submitting myself to the care and correction of leadership should the need arise.
- By praying for its health and impact.
- By warmly welcoming those who visit and committing myself to community with those who attend.
2. Helping others Believe in Christ…
- By developing relationships with the unchurched, de-churched, dead-churched, and unmoved.
- By sharing my story of grace with others.
- By praying for the salvation of non-believers with whom I have a relationship.
3. Being trained in God’s Truth…
- By affirming the inspiration, infallibility, and authority of God’s word.
- By committing myself to read, understand, and apply the Bible.
- By availing myself to the tools and resources of the church which are designed to further my understanding of and deepen my commitment to applying God’s Word.
- By preparing myself to be able to give a “ready defense” for my faith based upon God’s Word.
4. Being strong in a life of ministry and worship…
- By giving graciously as God has graciously given to me.
- By discovering my gifts and talents.
- By developing a servant’s heart and serving somewhere!
- By intentionally growing and seeking to reproduce my devotion to Christ in others.